WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST ADULT SOCCER LEAGUE
“The Family Friendly League”
LEAGUE BACKGROUND, OVERVIEW AND GOALS
WCASL was started in April 2009 by some teams who were playing in another local league, where there were a number of frustrations not being adequately addressed.
It was founded and is managed by Dave Rice, League Commissioner, who has been involved in the local soccer community for over 25 years, both adult and youth. His philosophy is managing by consensus, and relies heavily on Team Managers to help establish the League’s goals, as well as to enforce them.
Most importantly, early goals were to have a good level of fun competition, where players are free to bring families and friends without embarrassment of fights, foul language or adults acting badly. Another goal was to look at some inter-league play with leagues like SoCal Premier and Crown Valley Leagues. We got organized, played some friendly games while teams got set, then Season 1 officially started on June 28, 2009.
SOCAL PREMIER JOIN FORCES WITH THE WEST COAST ADULT SOCCER LEAGUE
SoCal Premier is excited to join up with the West Coast Adult Soccer League!
The WCASL has a long history of providing excellent leagues in the South Orange County area.
For the 2019-20 season the Over30 division will be merged into one league between all SCP and WCASL teams from that age group. We should have 20 + teams competing for the title!
West Coast Adult Soccer League (WCASL) was started in 2009 with the following goals:
- To enable players who live mainly in Orange County, CA to be able to play fun, competitive soccer on a year-round basis in a well-organized environment, on good fields
- To have a league that is ‘family friendly’, so that players are free to bring families and friends to games to watch and support without undue fear of bad behavior by the players
- To enjoy competitions with other leagues, as well as putting tournament teams together
- To help promote more of a ‘total soccer community’, including involvement in coaching/training youth players, personal and business networking, social activities, and building friendships.
The league began with just four teams in a 35+ Division, and has grown to over 30 teams in three divisions:
- 30+ Competitive (Joining with SoCal Premier for 2019-20)
- 45+ Veterans
- Coed Recreation division
- A 55+ Senior division is likely to begin sometime in mid-2019
Games are generally played Sunday mornings for the 30+ Competitive and 45+ Veterans divisions, and Friday nights for the Coed Rec division. We follow FIFA rules, 11v11, with a few exceptions (such as a 5-min sub for yellow cards). Seasons usually run for 6-8 months, with anywhere from 16-24 games played. We play year-round.
The league is currently affiliated with US Club Soccer (www.usclubsoccer.org), which is a National Association member of U.S. Soccer. All players must be registered to play, which provides an annual membership in US Club Soccer, medical insurance coverage of $25k, and field liability insurance, among other things, all for just $35/yr per player.
Any questions may be directed to Dave Rice, league Founder and Commissioner, at firstname.lastname@example.org