ADULT RULES - 2021 April - July
- Every player must be in matching uniforms – shirts, shorts, socks
- Jerseys must have number on the back
- Referee will not allow player on field without appropriate and matching uniform
- If uniform colors conflict, home team changes (home team is listed as ‘home team’ on the website, not necessarily the team playing on their “home” field)
- Players on sidelines must wear pennies
- Coaches must wear alternate colors or also wear pennies
- We highly encourage any yellow carded player to sit out for a cool down period
PROMOTION/RELEGATION – TIEBREAKERS
- Teams will play each team in their Division once
- One team will be promoted and one team will be relegated in each division for the following season
- Promoted = the team with the highest points
- Relegated = the team with the lowest points
- The 2nd division will be split up into 2nd and 3rd division for the 2021-22 season – 10 teams will remain in 2nd, 10 teams will make up the 3rd division
- A division champion will be determined once all scheduled league games have been completed
- The team with the highest number of points after all games have been completed will be declared the Champion of their respective division
- The schedule posted on the website is final
- The only exception would be an email or phone call from the League Scheduler, President or Vice President
- Once posted, it is each team’s responsibility to review the schedule and confirm home field availability
- If both teams have at least 7 checked-in players the game must start at the posted Kickoff time.
- The grace period is not for a team to have more than 7 players.
- If either team has less than 7 players at posted game time a 15 minute grace period will begin.
- If after 15 minutes team still has less than 7 players a forfeit will be declared. Referees will leave and game must be reported as a forfeit.
- If a team’s Gameday Photo Roster is not at the field the referee may not check players in or start the game. If it has not arrived after the 15 minute grace period ends, game will be declared a forfeit.
- The Team bond will then be used to pay the referees.
- If a team bond is used it must be replaced with the league within 2 weeks or points will be deducted and future games cancelled.
- If a game needs to be modified due to a field issue, you must contact League Scheduler and scheduled opponent before Tuesday 5:00pm, otherwise you may receive a forfeit.
- In the event the field is unavailable the following steps will take place.
- The Scheduler will re-assign the game to the opponent’s field
- The Scheduler will re-assign the game to an available “League Field”
- The Scheduler has the right to review the situation and if your team was found to be at fault and negligible in not properly securing or losing the field a forfeit win for the opposing team may be awarded.
- If you know you will be forfeiting a game, you must contact the league, so that the other team and referees can be notified within 48 hours of kickoff.
- If you notify after that time your Team Bond may be used to pay for the assigned referee crew.
MORE THAN 1 GAME IN A DAY
GAMEDAY ROSTER SIZE – See “ALL DIVISION RULES” above
LEAGUE CUP Rules
- Players can only play with their main team for Cup games. No “sharing” players, no “Guest” players, no “Borrowed” players, no “FREE Agent” players for Cup games.
- Players may not transfer to play in cup games with another team once elimination round begins (ROUND OF 16).
- Once the season begins no new team “Alliances” can be formed
- League Cup Roster Freeze – no players can be added to any team’s roster for Cup games after the 2nd Quarterfinals (before Semi-Finals) match has been played.
LEAGUE CUP FORMAT
- Group Stage – December – 3 games
- Round of 16 – January – 1 game
- Quarterfinal leg 1 – February
- Quarterfinal leg 2 – March
- Semi-final leg 1 – mid-April
- Semi-final leg 2 – late-April/May
- Final – May – 1 game
We allow players to register and play in multiple leagues (Open, Over30, Over45, U23, Coed) simultaneously under one player registration.
- We do NOT allow players to play on multiple teams within the same division (Open; Premier, 2nd, 3rd North South – or – Over30; 1st, 2nd, North, South).
- A player in Men’s Open may also play in the Over30, and U23 division. A player cannot play on more than one team in the Men’s Open division.
- Players may play on “affiliated” SoCal Premier teams (affiliated means multiple teams in the same club in the OPEN division).
- Parents must complete the youth player registration and agree to the terms and policies of the league.
- Any team with a youth player must complete the US Club Soccer safety protocols for SAFE-SPORT and background checks.
- If you are on a League field contact our VP/Scheduler (see About/Staff for contact info).
- Verify that the field is in fact closed. You can do this by calling the mudline as listed on the field page or by getting in touch with the field owner/operator.
- Must Call AND Text and email opposing coach/manager as listed on their team page.
- Must call referee assignor, go to About/Staff for contact info
- If you do not hear from the Home team then show up to the game
- Always assume the game will be played if you don’t hear anything.
- Both teams must Complete the Score Report noting that the field was closed due to rain and the game was not played
- When in doubt – tell your team to go to the field… you don’t want a forfeit because you thought the field would be closed.
- We may contact the city/school to verify that the field was unplayable.
- MUST be a 30 day advanced notice
- Team is entered into a sanctioned state or national tournament
- US Open Cup, Calsouth State Cup, USASA or NISA event
- Team is entered into an approved and supported tournament: ie, Las Vegas Silver Mug tournament
- Your players are on vacation
- You do not have enough players
- You don’t have a home field
- Your players are at an event (concert, game, triathlon, marathon, etc.)
- All fields must meet minimum FIFA standards
- Size must be within FIFA standards
- Goals must be secure and have fully covered nets
- Corner Flags
- All markings & lines must be clear & visible
- Night games must have lights
- Turf fields are acceptable
- Premier Division fields must be of a high quality (to be determined by League approval)
- We have access to “League Fields” in Irvine, Garden Grove, San Bernardino and other cities.
- It is very important that each team try to secure their own home field.
- In the event a field is provided by the League, the HOME team will be invoiced for the cost for that game.
- If the “visiting” team listed has their own home field they can request the game be moved to their own home field (non-league field). If they do this they will take on the full cost for the games field fees.
- Use of a “League Field” will be determined by the League.
Team HOME Fields
- All teams are encouraged to locate and reserve their own home field.
- If at any time there are not fields to schedule games those teams without fields will be removed first.
- Teams that provide a field for the visiting “home teams” must submit receipts in order to be reimbursed for their cost of the field for that game day.
- Respect each field; respect the neighbors, pick-up trash, no foul language – no alcohol
- Labor Day Weekend
- Christmas Eve/Day – Winter Break
- New Years Eve/Day – Winter Break
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- **NOTE – if both teams agree to play on one of the holidays listed above we will schedule the game to be played
- President’s Day
- MLK Day
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- We highly encourage a team to sub a player who receives a yellow card for a period of time. Of course, this is at the discretion of the team coach/manager.
- Any player who receives a red card must leave the site immediately. Failure to do so will result in additional suspensions. Harassing referees will result in additional suspensions.
- Any player with a pattern of receiving red cards in a season may be expelled from further play in the league.
- Serious abuse may result in expulsion from the league
- When a red card is shown the referee will submit a report to the league. The suspension and fine will be posted on the website.
- ALL players receiving a red-card will be assessed a fine. See RID manual under “Handbook” for more information.
- Any team involved in a fight will be reviewed by the league once a report is submitted by the referees.
- Players involved in fighting may be subject to immediate expulsion from the league.
Notes on Coach/Manager
Every team must have at least 1 coach/manager registered. This person is considered the team owner and will be held responsible for the team in all areas including
- Behavior, communication, financial obligations, and upholding league standards.
- This person is also required to manage and maintaining the team’s website and social media accounts (of course, you can delegate these responsibilities).
- Manage all Gameday requirements, tracking and reporting game and player stats, and reporting scores.
If there are any minors on the team (players under the age of 18) at least one coach/manager must complete the additional background and safetyfirst procedures online. This is a requirement of US Club Soccer.