This section of the website should provide you with all the information you need to learn about how our league operates, what our league rules are, how we deal with disciplinary issues and your rights as coaches and players. We also provide all the forms you need to run your team.
If you see that there is information, documents or forms that are not available here please let us know.
Adult Team Registration is open annually. We take registrations YEAR ROUND. Our typical range to accept teams is June-August just before our new season begins in September each year.
If we have an opening in a division - or if there is an odd number of teams in a division we can add teams to take those spots.
If you simply want to enter as an INDEPENDENT team to play friendlies in our league please contact email@example.com
- Raul Briones Cup Team Registration is open September 10 - November 10
- Master's Cup Team Registration is open September 10 - October 5.
- Current teams DO NOT have to register for the Cup Competitions
- U23/20 teams must sign up separately for the Raul Briones Cup
CITY OF IRVINE
- Las Lomas Park
- Heritage Park
- OC Great Park
In the event of rain, please check the City of Irvine's Field Condition MUDDLine the day of rain and days following rain. Field conditions will be updated on weekdays by 1pm for high school use and 3pm for youth and adult sports use. Weekend updates begin at 7:30am and as conditions change.
There are several ways to access field condition information. Please use one of the following methods:
- Twitter: Follow @irvine_muddline
- Text/Email: Subscribe here to receive text and/or email updates from the City of Irvine.
- Voicemail: Call 949.724.6833 (MUDD)
- Website: Visit cityofirvine.org/mudd for up-to-date conditions.
Please remind coaches, teams and players to stay off fields that are closed. The City of Irvine will determine when fields are appropriate to resume normal activity.
CITY OF BREA
In the event of rain, please check the City of Brea's Field Condition MUDLine the day of rain and days following rain. Field conditions will be updated on weekdays by 2pm for youth and adult sports use. Weekend updates begin at 7am and as conditions change.
To access field condition information, please use the following method:
- Voicemail: Call 714.671.4437
Please remind coaches, teams and players to stay off fields that are closed. The City of Brea will determine when fields are appropriate to resume normal activity.
WESTGROVE FIELD, GARDEN GROVE
There is no known phone number for City of Garden Grove Mudline. Westgrove Park is open for play rain or shine.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to understand your ability to make an insurance claim. Before going to US Club Soccer and the insurance directly, as a league we want to ensure it will be a claim that is eligible. It is also very important to determine that the player in question has been properly registered with the league through the proper channels and that their registration has been cleared with US Club Soccer.
If injured in a game be sure to have the referee make a note on the game report.
Fill out this form: USASA INSURANCE CLAIM FORM
Follow this link to make a claim directly:
SoCal Premier is in US Club Soccer's REGION D
The two documents below are what every team needs to submit to US Club Soccer in order to get the proper insurance coverage on their home field.
- If your field needs only 1 endorsement choose the "SINGLE" document.
- If your field needs more than 1 endorsement choose the "MULTIPLE" document.
Once the form is filled out and has the proper information you must email the form to: email@example.com
Download Field Insurance Form - SINGLE ENDORSEMENT
Download Field Insurance Form - MULTIPLE ENDORSEMENTS
SAFESPORT TRAINING FOR COACHES WITH MINORS ON THEIR TEAMS
As indicated in this letter from CEO/Executive Director Kevin Payne, beginning with the 2018-19 registration year, US Club Soccer is adding SafeSport online training as a requirement for all US Club Soccer-registered coaches and staff members (ONLY IF THERE ARE MINORS ON YOUR TEAM). We think this is a responsible step in helping achieve the safest possible youth soccer environment that truly puts Players First.
IMPLEMENTATION AND TIMEFRAME:
More specifically, beginning July 1, 2018, all US Club Soccer-registered coaches and staff members will be required to be "SafeSport Trained" by the time of their next background screening.
The training is available now, and regardless of background screening timing, we recommend that all US Club Soccer registered coaches and staff members become "SafeSport Trained" as soon as possible. We also recommend others in your club/organization who may not be required to register with US Club Soccer become SafeSport Trained.
The course is free for US Club Soccer members. Those who become SafeSport Trained will not be required to take the course again for 2018-19 or 2019-20 registration.
1. Create a SafeSport account HERE
2. You will be prompted to add a membership (U.S. Soccer) via an access code (YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M) as part of your account creation.
3. Finish the registration process, and take the online training, which consists of three modules: 1) Mandatory Reporting: Understanding Your Responsibilities; 2) Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education; and 3) Emotional and Physical Misconduct. Completion will take approximately 90 minutes, but it does not need to be done at once. You may save your progress and continue where you left off at a later time.
4. Once all three modules are completed, you will be able to download a master "SafeSport Trained" certificate from your dashboard. Save this certificate. You will be required to upload it into your next US Club Soccer background screening application beginning with the 2018-19 registration year, as a condition of US Club Soccer staff registration.
Important distinction: While you will receive a certificate after each of the three modules, uploading one of those does not suffice. US Club Soccer requires uploading the master "SafeSport Trained" certificate, indicating that all three modules have been completed.
The U.S. Center for SafeSport and U.S. Soccer will not allow the access code to be posted publicly. For that reason, it will not appear on the Staff Registration web page. However, if at any time you or someone in your club/organization need it, please email SafeSport@usclubsoccer.org to receive an auto-email reply with the code and instructions above.
New 24-hour mandatory reporting obligations for suspected child abuse took effect February 14, 2018, as part of the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017. Please visit US Club Soccer’s Child/Sexual Abuse Prevention (SafeSport) web page for details.
Pursuant to U.S. Soccer rules, current US Club Soccer staff registration is required of all individuals coaching, managing or working with US Club Soccer-registered youth players. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, all coaches, assistant coaches, and team managers assigned to a team with youth players, regardless of whether they are volunteers or paid staff, or registered with another U.S. Soccer member organization. Individuals that are not currently registered are not allowed to participate with youth players, nor are they covered by US Club Soccer insurance.
The goal of the handbook is to provide assistance to clubs, coaches and managers to ensure the SoCal Premier Soccer League (“SoCal”) operates smoothly and is a positive experience for all involved – players, coaches, managers, club officials, referees, and parents.
When competing in SoCal Programs, a club is responsible for overseeing their coaches, players, parents and club personnel – administratively, on and around the field. Each club is responsible for ensuring all club members understand and meet the following requirements and follow SoCal Rules and Code of Ethics.
Code of Ethics
SoCal Premier’s Code of Ethics has been developed to clarify and distinguish approved and accepted professional, ethical, and moral behavior from that which is detrimental to the development of soccer within the SoCal Premier Soccer League. This Code of Ethics is applicable to all adult members and players, though in many cases the coach will be primarily responsible for ensuring compliance. Punishments for violations of this Code of Ethics may be imposed upon a club if committed by an adult member or other individual present at a game or training session.
View the SoCal Premier Code of Conduct
2020-21 US Open Cup Info Coming Soon
Official registration site: www.usopencup.org/sam/registration
UNDERSTANDING HOW SOCAL PREMIER WORKS
Thank you for your interest in the SoCal Premier Soccer league. You can find all the information you need here in order to register a player or register a team.
PLAYER REGISTRATION FAQ's
- Who can play in this league? Any player is eligible to play in our league
- Can Females play on a Men's team? YES, we are gender-neutral
- Can Males play on a Women's team? NO, unless an unanimous vote by all the Women's teams approves...
- Are there age limits? Must be at least 15 years old to play in an adult division.
TEAM REGISTRATION FAQ's
- When can a team join the league? We have open registration periods that differ from division to division
- What does a team need to join the league? Every team is encouraged to find a home field. Every team is required to pay all league fees and bond prior to the start of the season. Every team must register a minimum of 14 players to fill their roster
- What are the boundaries of the league? Our Men's Open Divisions cover a territory of a
50 mile radius from the city of Garden Grove as its center. The U23 division is open to teams from San Diego to San Luis Obispo and from the coast to the border of Arizona/Nevada.
- What are the costs to join the league? Our League is very inexpensive.
- Team Bond - $250
- Premier $150 per month
- 2nd Division - $125 per month
- 3rd Division - $100 per month
- Over30 - $100 per month
- Women - $500 per season
- U23 - $1,500 per season
*You can make your league payment in full or set up a payment plan with us.
PLAYER REGISTRATION: $35*
REFEREE FEES: $80 per game, both teams pay (U23 ref fees are $110 due to travel)
FIELD FEES: No charge if you have your own home field. Field costs vary from $90 per game, up to $200. Only home teams pay for fields.
- How long is a league season? We believe in a 10 month season. We only run one season a year for our adult and youth divisions. They start in September and end in May/June. Our U23 division competes from May - August which is the allowed time frame for University Players to compete outside their college schedules. If you have any further questions or need help finding anything feel free to contact the appropriate person from our board of directors on the SCP Staff page.