Pre-Season and Gameday Procedures
For more information, see the Referees tab.
US CLUB REGISTRATION
All players as of September 1st should be registered with US Club soccer. For teams to be prepared for the start of the season, as well as properly insured please make sure that players, staff, teams are registered asap.
National Premier League (NPL) is a US Club Soccer sanctioned league, all clubs, teams, players, and staff need to be affiliated to participate. We are now confirming that all teams/clubs are properly registered with US Club Soccer.
As a participant of NPL West, you will fall into 1 of 2 categories. Members of US Club or non-members of US Club. All ECNL clubs are member clubs of US Club Soccer. You can utilize the same registration system to register your players for NPL. To do this follow the instructions here or can register directly through US Club Soccer here.
- If your club already has membership in US Club soccer, simply contact your registrar and complete registration for NPL teams. More info here
- If your club is not a member of US Club Soccer please click here and complete the form asap.
- All NPL West participants should choose the CLUB category of application (Even if your club has less then 3 teams participating in NPL West).
- Once accepted as a member club, you will receive instructions on how to register your teams, players, staff from US Club Soccer.
- Lastly, enter your roster and update your staff information on TGS
- Staff – I’ve noticed that multiple clubs only have 1 point of contact for each team. Each team must have at least two points of contact, with updated/valid email and phone #s.
- Roster – Please enter your game day roster and pertinent information for each player into TGS. These also should have proper email, as TGS as a recruiting platform that will continue to develop over time.
US CLUB Soccer Staff Registration Fees
- Staff Passes: Passcards for all sideline staff in member clubs will be issued for 2 years. All staff shall submit to a background check every two years.
- Complete a background screening ($18)
- Complete the Sideline Sports Doc-US Club Soccer online course ($5)
- Complete SafeSport Training (Free)
US CLUB Soccer Player Registration Fees
- Registration fees are paid directly to US Club Soccer. The passcard will last until July 31st, 2021.
- 11U – $18 per player
- 12-19U and older – $24 per player
We are asking that the above be completed by Wednesday, September 16th, 2020.
NPL WEST Date(s)
NPL West proposed start date is November 7th. This will give the league 22 weekends or 44 play dates between league start November 7th and finish May 23rd (Easter Weekend Off). Refer to socalpremier.org for playdates.
- September 1st, 2020
- US Club Registration completed by all NPL West Members
- Players & teams unregistered with US Club are not covered by insurance
- September 16th, 2020
- All rosters completed & uploaded into TGS, staff updated (2) unique members per team.
- September 21st, 2020
- League registration fee deadline due
- Payments can be made online in TGS or mailed to;
PO Box 550
La Mirada, CA 90637
- September 23rd, 2020
- Working schedules released to clubs
- If your club/team is not able to secure home-field permits for the league, please contact Matt Morse @ Matt@socalpremier.org.
- October 7th, 2020
- Working schedules due back to league
- League will aggregate schedules, make adjustments, resolve conflicts
- October 14th, 2020
- League schedule released
- November 1st, 2020
* Referee Fees due
- November 7th, 2020
- 1st weekend of league
NPL WEST Brackets
Brackets for the 2020/21; please click here.
NPL WEST Fee(s)
Payments for NPL West must be received by October 21st. Payments can be made by logging into your TGS account, or by mailing a check to;
SoCal Premier LLC
PO Box 550
La Mirada, CA 90637
- League Dues
- Communicated during team registration on TGS.
- Go to your TGS account to view amount
- Referee Fees
- Referee fees will be collected in advance of the season. Once the schedule is finalized clubs will be invoiced for their team’s referee fees. Referee fees must be paid by November 1st, 2020.
- League Bond
- A bond covers the performance of teams in the league season
REFUND POLICY – in the event a league/season is cancelled (due to COVID-19 or otherwise) SCP LLC will keep a 5% admin fee if league/season cancelled in full (no games played at all). If league/season is shortened then a refund will be given by pro-rating the fee by the number of league/season games not played minus the 5% admin fee.
The 2020 -20 SoCal Premier NPL West Boys season is set to begin Nov 7/8 2020 (pending COVID-19 setbacks)
League Tool Kit:
NOTE ON FORMS NEEDED: For gameday you need to bring:
- USCS PHOTO roster.
- Match report.
SCHEDULES: The website and/or app is the best place to view the most up to date game schedules. If schedules ever change the only way you will get updated is if you are using the SportsEngine App, be sure to check it before heading out.
US CLUB SOCCER PLAYER REGISTRATION: All players and coaches must be registered with USCS and show up on the official USCS Photo Roster. WE WILL LEAVE IT UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE CLUB TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ELIGIBILITY OF THE PLAYER.
GAMEDAY ROSTERS: You will be able to add NEW unregistered players through the season on the USCS NRS. Print out the USCS roster and bring it to the game.
LOAN PLAYERS: Be sure to familiarize yourself with the NPL West rules on player sharing. We do all players to play up anytime. Again we leave it to the discretion of the Club to do what is in the best interest of the player in their development as you oversee it and use this league to develop your players. Only players registered in the USCS NRS system are eligible to play in NPL West games.
MATCH REPORTS & SCORE REPORTING: Follow the instructions above to understand the pre-and post-game procedures. This includes printing a match report to give to the referee.
REFEREE FEES: ALL referee fees will be invoiced to your club directly. Ref fees must be paid in advance to SoCal Premier. Do not pay referees on the field. The referee association will invoice SoCal Premier for the referee fees directly. If there is a question by any referee show them this info on our website.
2020/21 Laws of the Game will be used. http://www.theifab.com/laws
Substitutes will leave the field in the vicinity of the halfway line on the coach/team side.
US CLUB SOCCER REGISTRATION INFO
Player Registration will all be handled at the club level. Each of you should have already been given access to your US Club Soccer “Club Account.” Your club registrar will login to this account and register the players there. Your club will also need to create the teams and once the player is registered you will roster that player to the team and then request the passcards.
This process is handled between you, the club, and US Club Soccer. SoCal Premier has no involvement in player registration or rostering. Once players are registered with USCS each team must upload the player into the team roster on this site.
Here is a link for more help/info: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/nrs-help
For reference, the player registration process will be exactly the same as it is for the older NPL West teams, that many of you have dealt with previously.
GAME CHANGE REQUEST RULES
Changes to games must be made by Tuesday 5pm prior to game weekend