Under the requirements of State of California Assembly Bill No. 2007, we are all now required to take certain actions to comply with the law.
Therefore, in the case of ALL suspected concussions or mild or traumatic head or brain injuries:
1. Team managers or coaches are to pull the Player Card immediately.
2. Player MUST BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY from participation in all practices and games, until Player is given full clearance from a licensed health care provider.
3. Promptly provide SoCal Premier League with both Parent/Guardian contact information and Club/Team contact information.
4. If a Player is allowed to play before receiving a full clearance from a licensed health care provider, all games played in may be forfeited and the coach suspended.
5. It is the Club’s responsibility to make sure your teams, coaches and managers comply with the law.
6. Club shall provide to SCP League a copy of the medical clearance provided by the parent to the club.
7. Club should retain in their records copies of all correspondence and medical clearances.
8. ALL suspected concussions or mild or traumatic head or brain injuries should be noted on the game report.
Please send requested information immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org